lunes, 30 de enero de 2017

How I started to get engaged with education for democracy

Democratic Participation and the challenge of Social Media in the classroom. Summer School, Bad Wildbad, Germany, July 2014

Since 2013 I am an active member of the Pestalozzi Programme. My first experience with this great team of education professionals was in 2013. I participated in an intensive Training for Teachers about Diversity. I was more than fascinated. After couple of years reading and listening a lot about democratic education, it was there for the very first time in my teaching life that I experienced by myself what experts tell and what is is really meant by a democratic learning environment. They ddid not talked about it. They practiced it.
This was a TURNING POINT in my life as a teacher and therefore as a person.

When the Pestalozzi Programme was looking for facilitators for its next Summer School, I applied with a lot of motivation. They decided to choose me as one of the facilitators for the Summer School 2014 about Participation. I am very thankful for this opportunity given to me by the Director of the Programme, Josef Huber. I worked very hard as the rest of the wonderful team. I loved to worked with all of them, with each of them, with the team. Pascale Mompoint-Gaillard was our pedagogical consultant and team coordinator. She is my model! I love to learn together because our social intelligence is bigger when we are in a group. We were a big learners groups of almost 60 people.

To be continued...


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario